- This event has passed.
Indoor track practice
February 5 @ 6:30 pm - 9:00 pm
Track practices will be held at the Eastern Michigan University Indoor track (Bowen Field-house) on Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays, from 6:30-9 PM.
They start Monday, November 6 2017 and end Wednesday, March 7, 2018.
There will NOT be practices on the following nights due to track meets, other special events and holidays:
- Wednesday, November 22
- Thursday, November 23
- Thursday, December 7
- Thursday, December 14
- Wednesday, December 20
- Thursday, December 21
- Monday, December 25
- Wednesday, December 27
- Thursday, December 28
- Monday, January 1
- Thursday, January 4
- Thursday, January 18
- Thursday, February 1
DIRECTIONS TO BOWEN FIELD HOUSE
– From Canton, Detroit, Grosse Point and other places east:
– Take I-94 west to exit #183 (Huron Street).
– Take a right onto Huron Street.
– Take Huron Street through downtown Ypsilanti, to Cross Street.
– Take a left at Cross Street and take Cross Street to Oakwood.
– Take a right on Oakwood.
– Go past the first 3 T-intersections.
The first one leads to parking lot near the Student Union / McKinney Building
The second and third ones are West Circle Drive
– Take a right at the fourth T-intersection (there’s a stop sign and flashing light) – Structure Drive
Bowen Field House is at the end of Structure Drive. You’ll go past two parking lots (one on the left and one on the right), a parking structure, and then you’ll come to the parking lot where Bowen Field House is at. Please note this parking lot in front of Bowen Field House is gated now, and you have to pay to park there – unless you have a validated parking pass.
Parking costs $1.50/hour.
If the Bowen Field-House parking lot is full, you can park in the gated parking lot by the “Student Center”, which is a block north of Bowen. Parking costs $1.50/hour in that lot as well. To get from the Student Center parking lot to Bowen, you can enter the Student Student through the north entrance, walk through the Student Center, go downstairs to the lower level , and exit the Student Center through the south entrance . Then you can take the walk-way bridge over to Bowen.
If possible, I recommend parents drop their kids off in front of Bowen Field House first and then park. The front is located on the upper level of Bowen Field House, on West Circle Drive. The best way to get there is to turn onto West Circle Drive (the third T-intersection off Oakwood – just before Structure Drive), and take it to Bowen Field House.
– From Chelsea, Jackson, Dexter and other places west:
– Take I-94 east to exit #181 (Michigan Avenue).
– Take a left onto Michigan Avenue.
– Take Michigan Avenue to Hewitt Street and make a left.
– Take Hewitt Street to Washtenaw Avenue and make a right.
– Take Washtenaw, past Mansfield (intersection), to Oakwood.
– Take a left onto Oakwood and follow the same directions as above.
– From Plymouth, Livonia and other places north and north-east:
– Take M-14 to US-23 south.
– Take US-23 south to east-bound Washtenaw Avenue (exit #37-A)
– Take Washtenaw Avenue for about 3-4 miles, past Hewitt, past Mansfield, to Oakwood.
– Take a left at Oakwood and follow the same directions as above.
– From Brighton, Hartland and other places north and north-west.
– Take US-23 south, to M-14 east (towards Plymouth), to US-23 south.
– Take the eastbound Washtenaw exit (exit 37-A) and follow the same directions as above.
Any questions — please call Ron Beasley (734-330-7931)