Ann Arbor Flyers is the youth division of the AATC
Our mission is to provide an athletic environment that can be both competitive and fun. We will instruct and encourage activities in both indoor and outdoor track & field, race walking, and cross-country.
Whether your young athlete is brand new to the sport of Track & Field, training to stay in shape for another sport, or working to become a national champion we have a place for them. Our experienced team of coaches create an environment where the brand new runner and the well seasoned competitor can both excel.
Our team is made up of nearly 90 athletes ranging in age from 8 to 18 years old. We employ 5 track coaches, 1 cross country coach, and several volunteer coaches. The club is managed by Mr. Ron Beasley and is affiliated with the Ann Arbor Track Club, which has been around since 1968. We're commonly known as AATC or the Ann Arbor Track Club, but our official name is the Ann Arbor Flyers.
We pride ourselves on introducing youth runners to the sport, showing them that running is fun, and building them up to be competitive on the national level. We've had numerous All-Americans in our program and some of the fastest youth runners in America where the AATC Flyers uniform.
Our practice facilities are second to none for youth clubs in our area. We are fortunate enough to train at Eastern Michigan University and the University of Michigan for the indoor track season, University of Michigan for the outdoor season, and several different parks in Ann Arbor for the cross country season.
How to Get Started
1. Show up to one of our practice sessions and ask for Coach Ron. Have your young runner dressed to practice.
2. We allow new families a free 2 week trial period. In that time you and your family can decide if the program is right for you.
3. If you decide to join there are two options;
A) Recreational/Home Team - Practice up to three nights each week and limited/no competition.
B) Travel/Competition Team - Practice 3 nights each week and compete in meets.
4. Participation Fees pay for coaching, track rental (and for the "Travel Team" athletes) meet entry fees, per season. They can be paid by cash, by check or online at http://www.aatrackclub.com/youth/signup.php
5. The club membership dues are paid online with a credit card by visiting THIS WEB PAGE.
For additional details contact Coach Ron