Ann Arbor Flyers is the youth division of the AATC
Our mission is to provide an athletic environment that can be both competitive and fun. We will instruct and encourage activities in both indoor and outdoor track & field, race walking, and cross-country.
Whether your young athlete is brand new to the sport of Track & Field, training to stay in shape for another sport, or working to become a national champion we have a place for them. Our experienced team of coaches create an environment where the brand new runner and the well seasoned competitor can both excel.
Our team is made up of nearly 90 athletes ranging in age from 8 to 18 years old. We employ 5 track coaches, 1 cross country coach, and several volunteer coaches. The club is managed by Mr. Ron Beasley and is affiliated with the Ann Arbor Track Club, which has been around since 1968. We're commonly known as AATC or the Ann Arbor Track Club, but our official name is the Ann Arbor Flyers.
We pride ourselves on introducing youth runners to the sport, showing them that running is fun, and building them up to be competitive on the national level. We've had numerous All-Americans in our program and some of the fastest youth runners in America where the AATC Flyers uniform.
Our practice facilities are second to none for youth clubs in our area. We are fortunate enough to train at Eastern Michigan University and the University of Michigan for the indoor track season, University of Michigan for the outdoor season, and several different parks in Ann Arbor for the cross country season.
2017 Outdoor Track Season
The Ann Arbor Track Club Youth Outdoor season begins Monday April 10. Practices will be held at the University of Michigan outdoor track on Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. Due to the growth of our team we will no longer accept kids under 9 years old. Registration is preferred prior to June 15th.
- During the month of April, practices will be held from 6:30-8 PM.
- Starting Monday May 1, practices will move to 7 PM, and will be held 7-8:30 PM
- Our season ends Saturday August 5 at the conclusion of the AAU Jr. Olympic Games (Held at EMU this year)
In case of bad weather, practices will move to the Indoor Track Building when it is available to us. So we will very seldom cancel practices because of the weather.
TRACK PARTICIPATION FEES:
- $50 for athletes who just train and generally don't compete in track meets (if they decide they want to compete in some meets, they can still do so, but they must pay full price for all their entry fees).
These athletes are referred to as the "HOME TEAM" athletes (another name for the development squad)
- $125 for athletes who do compete in track meets. All their entry fees are fully covered for the meets that are on the team meet calendar; if they compete in other meets, they pay full price for those other meets. These athletes are referred to as the "TRAVEL TEAM" athletes. There is a discount for families with two or more children.
Payments for the Participation Fees can be made online by clicking on the PARTICIPATION FEES REGISTRATION FORM button below.
ANNUAL CLUB MEMBERSHIP DUES:
- $20 per child, or $40 for the entire family to officially join the club (whichever is cheapest for your family).
Multi-year discounts are available. Please visit http://aatrackclub.org/join/ for more details on the annual club dues. The annual club dues are required for all athletes -- HOME team and TRAVEL team.
The Annual Club Dues can be paid online by clicking on the ANNUAL DUES REGISTRATION FORM button below.
ADDITIONAL EXPENSES FOR TRAVEL TEAM ATHLETES
In order to compete in meets....
- You must have an annual AAU membership. Dues are $14/kid to compete in meets sanctioned by the AAU (Amatuer Athletic Union). Payment is made directly to AAU at their web site. See Coach Ron for more details.
- You must have an annual USATF membership. Dues are $20/kid to compete in meets sanctioned by USATF (USA Track & Field) Payment is made directly to USATF at their web site. See Coach Ron for more details.
- Uniform ($75), warm-ups ($70), and back-pack (optional -- $30).
All prices are subject to change
These expenses are only for those on the "TRAVEL TEAM"
Payment for uniforms, warm-ups and back-packs can not be made online in our "shopping carts" at this time. Please contact Ron Beasley for details.
FREE TRIAL MEMBERSHIP
For all new families, you will have a two-week FREE trial membership from the time you bring your kids to their first practice. Just show up on any night we train, you'll be given paper work to fill out, and your kids can start right away on their FREE trial membership (just make sure your kids are dressed to run, including a good pair of running shoes). After your first two weeks, you'll have to join the club, pay the annual club dues, and decide which program (HOME TEAM or TRAVEL TEAM) to sign your kids up for.
How to Get Started
1. Show up to one of our practice sessions and ask for Coach Ron. Have your young runner dressed to practice.
2. We allow new families a free 2 week trial period. In that time you and your family can decide if the program is right for you.
3. If you decide to join there are two options;
A) Recreational/Home Team - Practice up to three nights each week and limited/no competition.
B) Travel/Competition Team - Pracice 3 nights each week and compete in meets.
For additional details contact Coach Ron