Ann Arbor Flyers is the youth division of the AATC
Our mission is to provide an athletic environment that can be both competitive and fun. We will instruct and encourage activities in both indoor and outdoor track & field, race walking, and cross-country.
CLICK ON IMAGE TO VIEW OUR FULL SIZE 2015 POSTER
2016 Outdoor Track Season
Due to our smaller coaching staff, we will no longer accept kids ages 9-under for the rest of the season unless they are experienced track & field athletes. We apologies for any inconvenience and appreciate your understanding.
The Ann Arbor Track Club Youth Outdoor Track season starts Monday April 18.
Practices will be held at the University of Michigan Outdoor track (located at 1150 S. State St. Ann Arbor).
Practices will be held Monday, Wednesday and Thursday nights (except Monday May 30 and Monday July 4 due to the Memorial Day and Independence Day holidays).
- During the month of April, practices will be held from 6:30-8 PM.
- Starting Monday May 2, practices will move to 7 PM, and will be held 7-8:30 PM
- Our last practice will be held Thursday July 28.
In case of bad weather, practices will move to the Indoor Track Building when it is available to us. So we will very seldom cancel practices because of the weather.
The season officially ends Saturday August 6 -- the final day of competition at the AAU Junior Olympics, which takes place this year in Humble (Houston area), TX (for those who qualify and make that trip).
Here are the prices:
TRACK PARTICIPATION FEES:
- $50 for athletes who just train and generally don't compete in track meets (if they decide they want to compete in some meets, they can still do so, but they must pay full price for all their entry fees).
These athletes are referred to as the "HOME TEAM" athletes (another name for the development squad)
- $125 for athletes who do compete in track meets. All their entry fees are fully covered for the meets that are on the team meet calendar; if they compete in other meets, they pay full price for those other meets. These athletes are referred to as the "TRAVEL TEAM" athletes. There is a discount for families with two or more children.
ANNUAL CLUB MEMBERSHIP DUES:
- $20 per child, or $40 for the entire family to officially join the club (whichever is cheapest for your family).
Multi-year discounts are available. Please visit http://aatrackclub.org/join/ for more details on the annual club dues. The annual club dues are required for all athletes -- HOME team and TRAVEL team.
ADDITIONAL EXPENSES FOR TRAVEL TEAM ATHLETES
In order to compete in meets....
- There is the also the annual AAU membership dues ($14/kid) to compete in meets sanctioned by the AAU AAU stands for "Amatuer Athletic Union" (a governing body for many youth club sports).
- There is the annual USATF membership dues ($20/kid) to compete in meets sanctioned by USATF. USATF stands for "USA Track & Field" (the governing body of track & field, cross-country and race-walking for amateurs and professionals, youth and adult athletes in the US).
- Uniform ($75), warm-ups ($70), and back-pack (optional -- $30).
[NOTE: All prices are subject to change]
Payments for the AAU and USATF membership dues are made online on the AAU and USATF web-sites (please contact me for details). They are not needed until athletes are signed up to compete in the meets.
Payments for uniforms, warm-ups and back-packs have to be paid with cash or check to our club Apparel Coordinator as online "shopping carts" have not been set up yet for those (please contact Ron Beasley for details).
Again -- all these expenses are only for those on the "TRAVEL TEAM". Those on the "HOME TEAM" who just train and don't compete in meets will not have these expenses.
FREE TRIAL MEMBERSHIP
For all new families, you will have a two-week FREE trial membership from the time you bring your kids to their first practice. Just show up on any night we train, you'll be given some paper work to fill out, and your kids can start right away on their FREE trial membership (just make sure your kids are dressed to run, including a good pair of running shoes). After your first two weeks, you'll have to join the club, pay the annual club dues, and decide which program (HOME TEAM or TRAVEL TEAM) to sign your kids up for.
Payments for the Participation Fees can be made online by clicking on the PARTICIPATION FEES REGISTRATION FORM button below.
The Annual Club Dues can be paid online by clicking on the ANNUAL DUES REGISTRATION FORM button below.
Due to our smaller coaching staff, we will no longer accept kids ages 9-under for the rest of the season unless they are experienced track & field athletes.
We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your understanding.
How to Get Started
1. Show up to one of our practice sessions and ask for Coach Ron. Have your young runner dressed to practice.
2. We allow new families a free 2 week trial period. In that time you and your family can decide if the program is right for you.
3. If you decide to join there are two options;
A) Recreational/Home Team - Practice up to three nights each week and limited/no competition.
B) Travel/Competition Team - Pracice 3 nights each week and compete in meets.
For additional details contact Coach Ron
How You Can Help
We encourage parent involvement. Parents participate on the AATC Youth Committee and volunteer for club events and fundraising. The "Parent Handbook" provides examples of how you can help.
Please direct any questions to AATC Youth Program Director Ron Beasley (email@example.com ) or call Ron at 734-330-7931.